1. Pay your balance due when notified.
Any balance must be paid no later than July 15, 2019. If you cancel on or before June 28, 2019, all payments made will be refunded (except the $20 application fee). If you cancel between June 29 and July 14, 2019, all payments made over $200 will be refunded (the $20 application fee and the $180 deposit will not be refunded). If you cancel on or after July 15, 2019, no refund will be made. If you do not show up for the program, or if you leave the program early, no refund will be made.
2. Submit any outstanding documents today.
When we notified you of your acceptance to the program, we requested that you submit the following three items.
• Your signed Participant Agreement.
• Your Emergency Contact Form.
• A recent, clear, head-and-shoulders photo of yourself. (If you are mailing a paper photo, the size must be at least 2 inches x 2 inches. If you are uploading a digital photo, the size must be at least 480 x 480 pixels, not more than 5 MB, and formatted as a JPG or PNG file.)
If you have not yet submitted all three of these items, please do so below. This will save time and effort for our volunteer administration.
3. Important information
After we have received your full payment and all documents, we will send you final details regarding arrival, what to bring, emergency contacts, and other important information.
Arrival & Departure Dates
• Saturday, August 3rd: All participants arrive. The program will begin on this day with supper.
• Sunday, August 11th: All participants depart. The program will end on this day with breakfast.
Placerville Camp and Retreat Center
13801 West Highway 44
Rapid City, SD 57702
Getting to the Camp
Travel to Rapid City
Participants will provide their own transportation to and from Rapid City. Please confirm your plans with us before you make airline reservations or other firm travel arrangements. Once in Rapid City, we can provide you with a ride to the camp.
Transportation will be provided on August 5 and 14 between the camp and Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP), or downtown Rapid City.
From Interstate 90, take Exit 57. Continue traveling 2 miles, turn right at first stop light onto Omaha (Highway 44 West). Travel to the next stop light, turn left on Mountain View Road (Highway 44 West). Go straight to the third stop light and go right onto Jackson Blvd. (Highway 44 West). Follow this road all the way out of Rapid City. Ten miles out of town you will come to a small development called Johnson Siding. Go another 2 miles to the road to Placerville. You will pass a highway sign announcing the turn coming up. Turn onto the gravel road and travel the 2 miles into camp.
For the benefit of all during our time together, please plan to observe the following:
• Participants are expected to reside on-site and participate fully in all aspects of the program (including seminars, field trips, and daily work sessions) for the duration of the program.
• Participants are expected to be present for the entire program.
• Participants are expected to contribute to the life of the community by spending an hour or so each day participating in “bread labor” such as meal preparation and cleaning.
• Alcohol, smoking, tobacco, illegal drugs, and pets are prohibited.
• In the spirit of retreat, participants are expected to limit internet use, email, texting, and phone conversations as much as possible throughout the program. As a courtesy to the community, the general expectation is that electronic devices will not be used in the presence of others.
Fee & Cancellation Policy
NOTE: Except for the $20 nonrefundable application fee, please do not submit any payments until notified of acceptance.
• Fee: The fee for the program, August 03 - 11, is $500 USD. This fee includes meals, lodging, and program during the Institute. It also includes pickup/dropoff at the Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP) or downtown Rapid City. This fee does not include your travel to and from the Rapid City area.
• Payment Schedule: A $20 nonrefundable application fee is due with your application. (If you are accepted into the program, the application fee will be applied to your balance due.) If you are accepted into the program, a minimum $200 deposit is due within 2 weeks of acceptance to secure your place. The balance of your fee is due no later than July 15th, 2019.
• Cancellation Policy: Any balance must be paid no later than July 15, 2019. If you cancel on or before June 28, 2019, all payments made will be refunded (except the $20 application fee). If you cancel between June 28 and July 14, 2019, all payments made over $200 will be refunded (the $20 application fee and the $180 deposit will not be refunded). If you cancel on or after July 15, 2019, no refund will be made. If you do not show up for the program, or if you leave the program early, no refund will be made.
• Financial Aid: Applicants are encouraged to seek financial support from their respective communities. Please contact us to learn about fundraising ideas. Satyagraha Institute has modest scholarship aid available. Inquire about your need.
Other Important Information
• Please confirm your plans with us before you make airline reservations or other firm travel arrangements.
• The program will be conducted in English.
• Due to the camp setting and available transportation, accessibility is somewhat limited.
• Program content and faculty may vary somewhat from what is described on the website.
• Participants are responsible to arrive with their own medical or health insurance coverage in effect.